Sunday, February 8, 2009

Basketball Season Opener

I am playing in a league at Christ's Church. The last time I played in a league was in 2004 in Tallahassee.

There are 7 on the team but we only had 6 today...1 showed up just before tip off and another just after. From what I could gather no one on our team knows each other...just individuals who signed up put on a team. And it showed in our first game. The team we played against had at least 8 players and had played together.

With all that though I think we only lost by 6 points...and in overtime. I hit a 3 in the final minute and maybe a put back on a rebound (don't remember exactly when that occurred) and then made 2 free throws with 4 seconds left to tie the game and send it to OT. I definitely need to get used to the rims and balls they use.

And on another note, Ashlyn had her 6th game today and did very well again this week offensively with her shooting and passing. She received the offensive star last week after making 6 or 7 baskets. she always does a good job defensively. I had to leave at halftime to go to my game but before I left she had 3 baskets I think and a few nice passes to teammates as well.

No comments: