Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ashlyn's first basketball practice

Ashlyn had her first practice this morning at 9:30. We missed last Saturday since we were out of town and her first game is tomorrow. Ashlyn played in 2006 but didn't play last year.

When we arrived I thought the rim looked high combined with the girls not being able to reach the rim when shooting. I asked one of the other dads if they play on a 10' goal and he said no. He said it was 8 1/2..which is what they play on. I went to the rim and jumped to see what I could reach. It was actually about 9'8". They got it straight and it was much easier for the girls to make baskets.

To finish practice, we played a game of the kids versus parents. I had to hold back a lot!:-)

Games will be at 1 PM on Sundays and practice every Thursday at 6:30 PM.

No comments: