Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

I had to use some PTO either this pay period or next so I took today off to make it a 4-day weekend. Got a few things organized around the house and also watched some CNN coverage of the inauguration activities. I don't recall ever watching an inauguration before. Got to see all the former presidents emerging from the Capitol and then the Obama family. The Mall was definitely packed.

I DVR'd the inauguration in case Ashlyn wanted to see it. During the election cycle she was very interested in what was going on...especially for her age I thought. When she came home though I found out they watched it at school. She said 1/2 watched it in the cafeteria and the rest in their classrooms. She was in the cafeteria.

Historical day for the US, and I think history will be kinder to Bush as opposed to current sentiment.

No comments: