Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mark's Basketball League

Our score from week 1 was 61-37 not 61-32 according to the weekly newsletter. Also a new feature Christ's Church is doing this season is a player of the week for each division. I was named POTW for Week 1 in our division.

Our game tonight was against one of the better teams in our division. We prevailed 59-58 in double overtime. The rules for OT are 3 minutes for the 1st OT and then 1 minute for each OT after that. We actually found ourselves down 29-8 with about 7 or so minutes to play in the first half. By halftime we had cut the lead to 30-22. We then went up 54-50 but saw the other team tie it at the end of regulation. I scored 17 and went 2-3 at the line. I think I had 5 boards again and made 3 3-pointers. I had a poor shooting night. I had one short stretch in the 2nd half when I scored 11 quick points on 3 threes and a two.

No comments: