Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ashlyn and Softball Season

Ashlyn played her first two softball games this past week (Monday and Saturday). I am helping as an assistant coach when I can. Apparently it on a more formal basis than informal which is what I was striving for. They actually gave me a jersey and a cap. All coaches have to complete a background check as well...which I passed and have the approved id to prove it. The results of the first two games were not good. But our group of girls is young and are learning to play. The two teams they played were older and bigger as 8 year olds go. Ashlyn was much more lively with the game on Saturday. She can do very well when she wants to but tends to need to be reminded to swing hard like she wants to be up their hitting or to run fast and not jog.

No comments: